Discover Canberra, Australia's capital city and a treasure trove of national attractions. Fall in love with picture perfect villages in the beautiful Southern Highlands. Embark on a rail journey like no other through New South Wales’ stunning and fascinating ‘Golden West’ region.
- 3 night stay in Canberra at the Hotel Kurrajong including 3 x breakfasts.
- 2 x half day Canberra Sightseeing tours including the Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House, Mt Ainslie Lookout, the Australian War Memorial, Parliament House and the National Gallery of Australia.
- Winery dinner at Contentious Character.
- Scenic coach drive from Canberra to Bowral via Lake George with free time in Berrima.
- 2 night stay in Bowral at the Peppers Craigieburn including 2 x breakfasts and 1 x dinner.
- Afternoon Southern Highlands Shuttle tour with stops in Bowral, Robertson, the Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre and Moss Vale.
- Scenic coach drive from Bowral to Sydney via the Grand Pacific Drive with free time in Wollongong.
- 1 night in Sydney at the Sir Stamford at Circular Quay including 1 x breakfast.
- 5 day / 4 night Golden West Rail Tour aboard the Aurora Australis including 11 x meals, off-train excursions, 'Aurora Explorer' shuttle bus and return hotel transfers in Sydney.
- 1 night in Sydney at the Sir Stamford at Circular Quay including 1 x breakfast and 1 x dinner.
Sights Along the Way
Book / Enquire Now
Pricing is based on the arrangements listed under package inclusions only.
Itinerary is subject to change or substitution when there are circumstances
beyond our control.
*Reduced deposits available until 31 December 2020, $400 deposit is required to secure deposit and is the 1st deposit, a 2nd deposit of $400 is due 60 days after the 1st deposit. Final balance is due 90 day prior to departure. Deposit is transferable (but not refundable) in case of border closures to alternate departures or future travel credit for travel until 31 December 2021.
Note: This package is subject to minimum numbers
(20 guests) for guaranteed departures with tour host.
The rail portion of this journey requires a minimum of 64 guests for a guaranteed departure.
Why choose us for your holiday?
Unique & Exclusive Products
At Holidays of Australia and the World, our objective is to be an industry leader in providing unique, personalised holiday itineraries to our clients and delivering exceptional customer service
Rail & Cruise Experts
We don’t chase awards, but we are one of Australia’s most awarded and respected travel groups giving our customers the security and peace of mind that come from dealing with a well established business.
100% Australian Owned
We’ve built our successful brand on six vital brand pillars. They’re crucial to our ongoing success and everyone at Holidays of Australia & the World know that these pillars are absolutely non-negotiable.
Images courtesy of Vintage Rail Journeys, VisitCanberra, Destination NSW, Dee Kramer Photography, Destination Southern Highlands, Lawrence Furzey Photography, Dallas Kilponen, Sean Davey, Larissa Dening Photography, RA Stanley Landscape Photography, Daniel Tran Photography, Tourism Australia.