An exceptional rail journey that uncovers the rich history of regional New South Wales all the while passing through breathtaking scenery aboard the beautifully restored Aurora Australis.
Cruise the Hawkesbury River and stroll around Hunter Valley wineries. Explore the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains and fall in love with picture perfect villages in the beautiful Southern Highlands.
Stroll through stunning wineries, roam spectacular gardens and be ready to immerse yourself into the treasures of this fascinating ‘Golden West’ region.
The itinerary is designed so that you only travel during daylight hours. You won’t want to miss any of the spectacular scenery.
2022 Departure Dates: 9 October.
- 4 nights aboard the Aurora Australis roundtrip from Sydney including 11 meals, Off Train Excursions and access to the 'Aurora Explorer' shuttle bus.
- Tour Highlights include:
- Travel in style on board the newly restored, iconic 1960’s ex-Southern Aurora Sleeping Train.
- Celebrate Australia's diverse history and rich culture with visits to regional towns, gardens and attractions.
- Cruise the picturesque Hawkesbury River aboard the ‘Riverboat Postman.
- Visit the beautiful 145-year-old Cook Park, in the heart of Orange.
- Enjoy a true Aussie dinner at the Kandos Hall, followed by a bush dance!
- Explore the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains.
Sights Along the Way
Ready to book or need more information?
Note: Itinerary is subject to change when there are circumstances beyond our control.
A guaranteed rail departure requires minimum numbers.
Why choose us for your holiday?
Unique & Exclusive Products
At Holidays of Australia and the World, our objective is to be an industry leader in providing unique, personalised holiday itineraries to our clients and delivering exceptional customer service
Rail & Cruise Experts
We don’t chase awards, but we are one of Australia’s most awarded and respected travel groups giving our customers the security and peace of mind that come from dealing with a well established business.
100% Australian Owned
We’ve built our successful brand on six vital brand pillars. They’re crucial to our ongoing success and everyone at Holidays of Australia & the World know that these pillars are absolutely non-negotiable.
Images courtesy of Vintage Rail, Destination NSW.